POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Radiosity render bug? : MegaPOV Radiosity render bug? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPOV Radiosity render bug?
From: Brendt Hess
Date: 11 Jan 2000 16:49:59
Message: <387ba587@news.povray.org>
I was experimenting with radiosity in MegaPOV, and I noticed something
strange.  If I have the render view window minimized, the render cycles
whenever it prepares to update the percent of rendering done on the window.

For example, I start the render, the image starts to display, and I then
minimize the image window.  When the % rendered goes from 1% to 2% (for
example), the program hangs, and cycles there, updating the minimized title
bar alternately with "POV 1%" and "POV 2%".  If I restore the window, the
render continues.

Note that this does not happen on the final passes - only in the preliminary
passes.  The final pass works fine, even if the image window is minimized.

Also note that this doesn't happen in POV 3.1g.

Render done on a Win95 platform - this may not apply anywhere else, of
course.

Brendt Hess